Monday, February 2, 2009

25 random things about me

This was a thread on facebook. My ego could not resist....

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged (optional!)

(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. I am allergic to carpet, mould, pet hair (actually the dust mites that feed on these), I am intolerant of cream and milk, and I am allergic to egg but not as much as I used to be - I can now eat cake!!
2. I think intelligence is an attitude and I dream that noone is afraid of knowledge.
3. I have deep fantasies of voyeuristic sadism, which go back to an illustrated Bible I had as a child that showed graphic violence.
4. I am intensely romantic - this and my loathing of domesticity is my biggest barrier to being seriously involved with someone.
5. My biggest emotional frustration is not being able to save someone in my life who is self-destructive.
6. My biggest political dream is that Australia stops digging up coal.
7. I loathe the ethos of Christianity - I strongly believe that we should do nice things because it feels good to do them, not to make ourselves "better people".
8. I have very hairy feet - in fact they are just as hairy as my legs, which are really quite hairy.
9. I have found my dream job and at least for the time being it is making me very happy.
10. I hate the Australian flag, particularly on Australia day.
11. One way I deal with neuroticism is to exaggerate it to the point of comic absurdity.
12. If I ever tease you it means I like you very much.
13. If I could get soy cappucino in a drip, I would probably not get out of bed in the morning.
14. I am biased: women are the superior gender.
15. My favourite contemporary actresses are Annette Benning, Meryl Streep and Kirsten Dunst.
16. The song "Vogue" changed my life.
17. I really can't do a Kiwi accent.
18. I don't need everything to be neatly resolved at the end of a book or film - in fact I often prefer when it isn't.
19. My only grievance against my upbringing is that my parents didn't force me to do ballet!
20. Kate Bush is a genius and The Dreaming is her masterpiece.
21. I believe in free love and safe sex.
22. I once won a breakstroke race at a school swimming carnival when I was 12. Unfortunately puberty was not generous to my muscular development.
23. German gay men are cool - especially the kveeny ones.
24. If I insult you I may be expressing deep affection. Then again I could just be insulting you.
25. I adore my friends! Unfortunately you aren´t one of them....

No comments: