Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hamilton: the musical!

I am working on my third unfinished musical. This one is imaginatively titled "Hamilton! The musical." In the opening scene a tumbleweed rolls across the town centre, devoid of people. The plot, entirely fictional, is about a cosmopolitan gay who finds himself stranded in a new zealand country town.

I have already penned the first song, entiled "There´s nothing to do in a small town". (It owes a little to mellencamp.)

I baked a cake,
I live in a small town.
I played "Risk",
I live in a small town.
I hung out with friends,
I live in a small town.
I put air in my tyres,
I live in a small town.
There´s nothing to do in a small town.

(More verses to follow as something actually happens to me in Hamilton.)

1 comment:

Gomez said...

Have you seen "Waiting for Guffman"?