Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year's Resolution

In group therapy I was taught that it is best to set achievable goals.

It was with this advice in mind that I contemplated my New Year's Resolutions for 2010. I decided to just make one, in the process greatly increasing the likelihood of success.

My New Year's Resolution for 2010 is to wear speedos for lap swimming at the local pool. New Zealand is, in general, a most speedo-phobic nation; nevertheless you do sometimes see them at the pool, less often at the beach though.

I feel I am swimming enough laps now to have earned the right for something more hydro-dynamic than a baggy pair of swim shorts.

Although part of my wanting to wear them is perverted, there's another motivation of the most innocent sensuality; why sully the logic I say. Also, at the end of the day, my decision to wear speedos is largely the problem (or benefit, to a special few) of the other patrons in the pool.

I have done two trips to the pool without being arrested for smuggling budgerigars, it looks like 2010 could be a year of great self-worth and goal-reaching, or if not at least some self-reaching.

No comments: