Thursday, July 23, 2009

Socializing in Hamilton

I have a new friend - it's a virus living in the back of my throat. (Okay, so it could be a bacteria, but I don't feel we are closely enough acquainted yet for me to ask that question appropriately.) It has decided it is having a fun time back there so it wants to hang around for a while. It entertains me by sending mucus down my throat into my lungs to cough back up again. We have been inseparable for a over a week now, which is great but I am engaging in classic passive-aggressive behaviour such as gargling mouthwash, which may put a strain on the relationship. I feel though that while some of my actions are destructive I am too set in my ways to change. Que sera sera, I say, if I lose this virus, I am sure there are others in Hamilton I can catch before the winter is out.

No comments: